Troubleshoot Roku connectivity issues with go.roku.com/connectivity
As we all know, Roku is the best streaming device that is available in the US. However, can we stream if there is no internet? Yeah! It is very difficult. Let us now see how to perform the go.roku.com/connectivity.
You may not be able to set up your device if your Roku is unable to connect to your home router or gain access to the internet via the router. If the network or internet connection is lost after your computer has been set up, you may not be able to start channels that require an internet connection, or you may encounter interruptions while streaming.
Connecting your Roku to a wireless network
To begin with, make sure you have the following to successfully accomplish the connection successfully
- A Roku streaming stick, box, or Roku TV
- Your Roku remote control
- A Router that has either Wired and Wireless connectivity options
- And the password of the network
- Now let us see how to perform the wireless connectivity
- Now turn on your TV and start with the setup of your Roku player or the stick
- Make a note that you cannot give a wired connection to the streaming stick
- However, you can prefer a wired connection for your player
- During the setup, it will ask you if you want a wired connection or wireless connection
- In this case, you will have to choose the wireless connection
- But if you want to establish a wired connection then you can navigate to the next session on the same page
- If you are connecting to the wireless network for the first time then the device will automatically lookout for the routers near you
- A set of SSIDs will now be seen on the screen
- Choose the one that you prefer using the Roku remote
- In case you do not see your home network click on scan again
- Once you choose the one you want, it will ask you the password
- Now type the password and find the establishment of wireless connectivity
- If the connection does not come in, try typing the password again!
This is the easiest way of connection. But you cannot prefer this if you have a Roku stick
- Locate the Ethernet port at the back of the Roku player
- Make sure you place the router near the player
- Now use the Ethernet cable and link the router and the player
- The connection is now established
Issues with connectivity
If you are facing any problems with the go.roku.com/connectivity, you are in the correct session. There are many issues that might arise and the solutions for those are also very simple
Check your connection:
- To begin with, go to Settings > Network > check the connection to conduct a two-part test
- The first step scans for your home network link and tests the signal quality
- The second part tests if you’re connected to the internet and calculates the connection speed
- If the speed of the wireless signal or Internet speed is low, on-screen instructions will be there to help solve the problem
Name of the wireless network:
- Make sure you have chosen the correct name of the wireless network
- If you choose the wrong network and type the password of your home network it might not accept
- So try choosing the SSID again
- Remember that passwords are case sensitive
- If you have a capital letter in your password turn on the caps lock and type that letter
- Make sure you turn off the caps lock after you enter that letter
- You can also use the shift key on your keyboard
Check the working of the router:
- Link to your home network using your desktop or mobile device and try to access the internet by launching a public website such as www.roku.com
- If you can connect from another computer to the internet, your router provides internet connectivity successfully and you can move to the next stage
- If you cannot connect to the internet, try restarting your router before contacting your ISP
Improve the strength of the signal:
- If your password is right and other devices can access the router, but your Roku system still does not connect to your wireless network, the wireless signal strength is the most likely problem
- The more your Roku device is from your router, and with more barriers such as walls and cabinets between your router and your Roku device, the stronger the wireless signal is
Go to Settings > Program > Restart of the program to restart your Roku player
You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait and reconnect it for a few moments
Review your ISP or router vendor’s instructions to reboot your router
In some cases, you may easily unplug it and plug it back for, and you may need to click a reset button on the machine in other situations
Make a note that restarting of both devices will take a few minutes
Subsequently, It should reconnect if you have previously linked your Roku system to your router
1 Error code 009
2 Error code 012
3 Error code 013
5 Error code 016
6 Error code 017
8 Error code 14.30
9 Error code 14.50
11 Error code 14.40 or 14.41
12 Error code 14.62 or 14.64
The solutions for all these error codes is solving the go.roku.com/connectivity issue only
All Roku streaming devices are capable of connecting via wireless to your router. Many Roku video systems also have an Ethernet port that links using a cable
- If connecting the cable from your router to the Roku system is easy, Ethernet will provide a quicker and more secure link. Just link a regular Ethernet cable to the port at the back of your Roku system from an appropriate port on your router
- You can also get excellent results from a wireless connection, ensuring that you are located close enough to your router to obtain a clear signal
Additionally, for further queries, you can contact our customer care team at your doorstep 24 X 7.
Troubleshoot Roku Error Codes
What is Roku error code 009, and how to solve it?
Error Code 009 is coming up while using Roku to watch specific content and usually happens due to a problem with the network. Sometimes, it can also occur if the device is facing disconnection or authentication issues.
- At first, you need to verify the Network Connection
- Next, make sure to update the router’s firmware
- At last, try to amend the modem’s DNS configuration settings
What is Roku error code 012, and how to fix it?
The Roku error code 012 is an Ethernet-related error, and the below guidelines can help the users to fix it.
- Firstly, begin by heading to the Roku settings and restart the Roku player.
- Next, try linking the Roku TV device to the Wi-Fi.
- Also, try connecting the Roku to another Wi-Fi network.
- Finally, connect the Roku device via an Ethernet.
What is Roku error code 013, and how to solve it?
This Roku error code 013 is an Ethernet-related error. Once this error comes up, first, verify whether the wireless router is working correctly or not.
- First, the wireless network will not be linked if you select the incorrect wireless network name.
- Then, enter the password for the wireless network.
- Further, if the network name and password are correct, but still the Roku is not detecting it, it can be due to lower signal strength.
- Secondly, make sure that the signal line is clear.
- Further, attempt to restart the Roku player because this error might occur due to a technical problem.
- Similarly, restart the device by navigating to the Settings menu.
- Choose the system option and then opt for the System Restart option.
What is Roku error code 014, and what are its solutions?
The Roku code 014 is standard and signifies that the device finds it tough to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Disable Network Pings1
- At first, Select the Platform Secret Screen by sticking to these steps.
- Hold the home button 5 times and then press the forward button, then the Play button, and once again.
- Hold the Rewind button, Play button, and Forward button consequently.
- You can go through the platform secret screen menu and then can choose Disable network Pings.
- And this disabling of the network settings can resolve the Local Network Error Code issues.
What is Roku error code 016, and how to resolve it?
This Roku error code 016 will appear if you are accessing a channel, and the network or network connection has been lost or delinked and may be due to weak signals or connections.
- First of all, verify the internet connection if it is working fine or not.
- You can verify any other device which is linked with the same network to recognize whether it is an issue with the network or Roku.
- Secondly, check all the connections within the TV, Roku, and the Router device, and restart the wireless router and the Roku device.
- Moreover, navigate to the Setup connections on the Roku device. Then you must abide by the onscreen guidelines to relink the WIFI with the Roku if the prior connection has failed.
- At last, maintain the Roku and router device with the range WIFI signals.
What is Roku error code 017, and what are its fixes?
The Roku error code 017.0 denotes a low wireless signal. You can solve this error code by the following steps.
- Firstly, you need to restart the Roku device.
- Next, check for the WiFi connection.
- Verify whether the device has a sufficient and strong network connection.
- Finally, the users must move the Roku device nearer to the WiFi device.
To access or activate our service, you need to accept and adhere to the Terms and conditions, privacy policies. Do not use the information posted for personal use and it’s only for reference purposes. Visit our webpage for further updates